Surrogate Motherhood: Ethical or Commercial?
by Centre for Social Research | India | 2013
To address issues relating to surrogacy, the Centre for Social Research conducted an exploratory study on surrogacy in three high-prevalence areas: Anand, Surat and Jamnagar of Gujarat state.
The objectives of the study were to:
- Conduct a situational analysis of surrogacy cases in the three study areas and the issues
- Examine the existing social and health protection rights ensured to the surrogate mother
- Analyze the rights of the child in surrogacy arrangements
- Study the rights and issues pertaining to commissioning parents
- Suggest policy recommendations for protection of rights through legal provisions of surrogate mother, child and the commissioning parents based on the study